Leafy Seminars Cannabis Education Series
Where cannabis entrepreneurs learn how to do business
NOV 20: ONWARD TO REC! CANNABIZ ESSENTIALS AND FACILITY FUNDAMENTALS
This Leafy Seminar will give attendees a special look into two critical elements of a successful business PLUS an update on regulatory developments. Individual sessions will be roughly 30 minutes long each, and we will conclude with lighting-round panel Q&A.
- REG REVIEW: What shenanigans are the Office of Marijuana Policy up to these days? Attorney Chris McCabe will give attendees an up-to-the hour rundown on developments on rules and regulations that will affect cannabis business applicants for medical and recreational licenses.
- CANNABIZ ESSENTIALS: Prepare your business management basics for the rec market. Jacques Santucci will review five primary business management principles and learn the specific ways in which they play out for a cannabis business operating in Maine. PLUS, you will learn one surprising aspect of the new Maine recreational market that will require you to reconsider a business management maxim.
- FACILITY FUNDAMENTALS: Grow operation design essentials for maximum yields. Tony Kieffer will discuss five fundamentals for designing and building a grow facility that reduces energy and water inputs while optimizing your grow environment. You will learn what common design to avoid, what uncommon design elements can turn a mediocre grow into a better one, and how newer technologies and design approaches are turning conventional grow assumptions on their heads.
Christopher McCabe, Esq., McCabe Law. In 2014, Chris McCabe became one of the first cannabis law attorneys in Maine. Today, Chris continues to lead Maine and is one of the most experienced and well-regarded cannabis law attorneys in the country. Chris is a founding member of the National Cannabis Bar Association, and serves on the legal panel for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML). Chris earned his J.D., cum laude , in 2012 from the University of Maine School of Law and his B.A., Dean’s List, in Economics and Theater in 2005 from Bowdoin College. He is admitted to the bars of Maine and Massachusetts.
Jacques Santucci, President, Nucleus One Consulting. Jacques is the President of Nucleus One Consulting, a business performance management firm in Portland, Maine specializing in the cannabis industry with a cross-functional approach to performance: innovating with companies at the intersection of finance, operations and strategy. His team assists clients around the country navigate the complex and evolving challenges of starting and operating a cannabis business. They provide the knowledge and resources needed to reach all business goals and stay in compliance, whether assisting with business strategy, application, SOP documents, financial modeling or start-up operations. They have worked with clients in Maine, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Ohio and even Hawaii among others. In addition to his work with clients at Nucleus One, Jacques is a co-founder of Wellness Connection of Maine, the state’s largest group of medical marijuana dispensaries as well as founder of Strimo, the business platform for the cannabis industry.
Tony Kieffer, Founder, President at ArchSolar LLC. Tony has spent his 25+ year career focusing on the intersection of strategy and technology by helping client organizations drive top-line growth in financial services, healthcare, energy and environmental technology. His specialty throughout has been on new products, markets and customer offerings that integrate new technologies and business models. Since founding ArchSolar, Tony has focused in the integration of renewable energy and agriculture. He designs solutions for clients seeking to minimize their carbon footprint while creating ideal year-round production environments. He’s led ArchSolar’s projects that integrate structure, renewables, automation, and control technologies into turnkey offerings built on a robust network of suppliers and financing partners. With masters’ degrees from Stanford University and The University of California San Diego, Tony is fluent in Spanish and Mandarin and enjoys his free-time with his family, cooking, backcountry skiing, fishing and sailing.
- Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Time: 1-3pm
- Location: Cloudport CoWorking MultiSpace
63 Federal Street
Portland, ME 04101
- Price: $42.00
- Click here to register
Sign up to stay informed about the Leafy Seminar series
December 20, 2019
January 20, 2020